Less than a week after I got Garbo we were on a riding course with Spanish instructor Ramon (not sure how to spell his last name). The saddle I had for him wasn't a good fit so Garbo wasn't too happy but by day 3 we were starting to come to grips with a few things. Ramon says to do three things - he calls them number 1, number 2, and number 3. In this picture I am not doing number two (shoulders back)...but I have my weight in my stirrups - I think (number one) and tension on the reins - number three - although probably not enough. The clinic was a present from my husband for my birthday - so it was a great long birthday weekend. It was at Redhills Pony Club arena in Taupaki. Turned out that the lady that bred Garbo was on the same course, she was amazed to see him. Then her other horse came along too - Garbos half sister.!
Monday, July 18, 2005
Ramon's Course
Less than a week after I got Garbo we were on a riding course with Spanish instructor Ramon (not sure how to spell his last name). The saddle I had for him wasn't a good fit so Garbo wasn't too happy but by day 3 we were starting to come to grips with a few things. Ramon says to do three things - he calls them number 1, number 2, and number 3. In this picture I am not doing number two (shoulders back)...but I have my weight in my stirrups - I think (number one) and tension on the reins - number three - although probably not enough. The clinic was a present from my husband for my birthday - so it was a great long birthday weekend. It was at Redhills Pony Club arena in Taupaki. Turned out that the lady that bred Garbo was on the same course, she was amazed to see him. Then her other horse came along too - Garbos half sister.!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment