Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Blue

Blue is my adopted horse. I don't own him but he owns me. His real owners had a baby so didn't have the time to ride him so I started riding him, and of course grooming him and got so attached I now am his adopted 'Mum'. He is so adorable and loves attention.

Blue is approximately 20 years old - no one really knows. I have been giving him lots of herbs and vitamins and minerals and he's doing ok. His back is a bit sore for riding so I gave up on that after being bucked and bolted on a few times - seems he really is in too much pain to be ridden now so it's a nice retirement (with his pony friend Cookie) for Blue. I still see him every day.

We have done clicker training, float training, ground work and he has taught me so much about owning a horse. He really was my 'first' horse.

I try to spend as much time as I can with him - but he's feeling that my attention is somewhat divided now. He just likes being around people and getting carrots. I think he's really pleased it's not him that has to go on 'that float contraption' anymore.

No comments: